1. Assume that you are loved.
2. Assume that those who love you find some kind of value in you and the things you do.
3. Assume, however, that you don’t need to be valuable in order to be worthy of love.
4. Assume that there is no one out there keeping a tally of all of your failings, ready to throw it in your face when you’re either feeling too good or too awful about yourself.
5. Assume that if anyone actually is keeping a tally of all your failings, that act says more about them than it does about you.
6. Assume that you can’t make all of the people happy all of the time; maybe not even some of the people some of the time.
7. Assume that you will, over the course of your life, sometimes anger or disappoint the people you love.
8. Assume that…